AQUAMYSTICA 2015 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
Now accepting applications, CLICK HERE to apply
A six month long immersive training in the arts of embodied water medicine, culminating in ordination as a minister of AquaMystica ministries.
· Master head support and safe body mechanics for all body types and themselves
· Develop grace and improvisational ease in the water
· Develop comfort and competence with supporting someone both above and below the surface
· Cultivate a mystical, gnostic relationship with Presence and the water as a profound healing ally
· Experience a wide range of potential receivers and session possibilities, with supervision and support
· Craft the charter of their own water ministry, integrating the water into the other gifts and skills they’ve cultivated in their lives, and receive ordination as a water minister/water priestess
The program includes:
· One daylong intensive per month – 24 hours: This 4 hour intensive will introduce the focus of the month. Curriculum will include both specific movement vocabularies and fundamental principles of movement, awakening the body to the Way of the Water. Deepening the apprentice’s own body awareness, body mechanics, and range of physical/emotional/psychic availability in the sessions will be a focus as well.
· 17 water clinics (weekly) – 60 hours: The 2.5 hour weekly clinic will focus on refining a specific aspect of the work. In general, there will be an hour of instruction and demonstration, followed by an hour of supervised apprentice practice, concluding with a half hour of further refinement and reflection on the practice.
· One trade session with Jumana, and one direct feedback session – 5 hours: Apprentice and teacher will exchange sessions, so that the apprentice can receive both the direct transmission of receiving the work, and direct and immediate feedback for themselves as givers. Apprentice will also give a second session at least six weeks after to receive followup feedback.
· Two supervised evaluation sessions: - 5 hours: Halfway through and at the end of the program, you will give a session while Jumana observes, assesses, and then offers thorough written feedback
At least one weekly practice session – 1 - 1.5 hours: Each week the apprentice has access to the private pool for a practice session to integrate the clinic and monthly material.
· Opportunities to participate as healers in special events – TBD: Apprentices will be given first opportunity to participate in water healing circles and other special events in the pool, as they are created. They will also be welcomed to create such special events, as they are inspired.
· Opportunities for further practice and session time in the pool.
· Attendance and completion of all hours, both clinics and daylongs**
· One trade/evaluation session with Jumana, and two supervised evaluation sessions
· Thirty logged practice sessions.
· Ten logged professional or semi-professional received sessions. (Evaluation sessions count towards this, and five of these sessions need to be with a water healer who has a decade or more experience.)
· A 3-5 page written paper, and a seal of ministry (image) that clarifies the specific nature, intention, and medicine of the apprentice’s own water ministry. This can and should include all those healing skills/practices that the apprentice has cultivated already, and that inform the particular way in which he or she works with the water
***Apprentices have up to one year from the beginning of their apprenticeship to complete all requirements for ordination.
This apprenticeship has been created to meet the needs of those who are feeling seriously called to work with the water in this way, and who feel excited by a longer term commitment, so that they can deepen into a level of true mastery, confidence, and dynamic range with the work. We will be working with a model of integrated evolution, rather than intensive immersion. Meaning that the goal is to consistently evolve each apprentice’s water ministry by building and integrating over time, rather than delivering large amounts of instruction in short bursts. Principles, movement vocabulary, and tools for subtle presence and energetic alignment will be introduced and evolved together at a pace that allows for true mastery and understanding of the principles and movements of this work. The schedule of course work has been crafted to be solid and comprehensive, but also spacious – apprentices will be able to maintain the other commitments in their lives, even as they meet the basic requirements of the apprenticeship. Additional practice sessions, private lessons, etc., can be scheduled at the convenience of each apprentice.
The goal for me as a teacher is to give apprentices the strength, competence, and dynamic range of technique necessary to allow for a full and safe range of expression and availability to the various receivers that will come. This includes physical movement vocablulary that lends strength and relaxation to the giver while allowing and opening for ecstatic movement, , as well as the more fundamental techniques of presence, surrender, energetic/psychic languaging, working with the water, etc.
To be clear, apprenticeship will not culminate in certification, licensure, or other recognition under any form of therapy, bodywork, or aquatic bodywork . This is a ministry program, firmly nestled in a lifelong devotion to the priestess arts, of which the Way of the Water has become a fundamental teacher and core living example. It is born from the fertile soil of my own many hundreds of hours in both intensive trainings and private sessions. Apprentices will be ordained as private ministers within AquaMystica ministries. Those who have studied or practice a healing or movement art(s) already will have the opportunity to go deeper, refine technique, and elucidate their own particular gifts in the water.
120 Hours Required for Ordination, most apprentices will complete more than this through involvement with special events
Includes: monthly intensives, clinics, sessions given and received, time spent with written charter, supervisions, and special events
The requested donation for an apprenticeship is $1550 - 2250. This can be offered all at once or in a rhythm that works for each apprentice.
This will be an intimate, focused group of shared learning and growing – you will be part of a deeply evolving pod of no more than six water apprentices, so that there is ample opportunity for both personal instruction and depth of friendship.
DATES OF APPRENTICESHIP:
Now accepting applications and reservations for the 2015 apprenticeship, which will begin late January 2015, and complete late June 2015. Specific dates/times of classes will be determined once our group has committed, based on the schedule that best meets all of our needs.
For more information or to register, CLICK HERE to contact Jumana.